FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHAT EXACTLY IS MISSION LIFEFORCE?
MISSION LIFEFORCE is a growing international movement of EARTH PROTECTORS who are signatories to a legal document, the Earth Protectors Trust Fund document. Our goal is to halt serious harm to the Earth by establishing ECOCIDE (ecosystem destruction) as a crime at the international criminal court. Our ultimate purpose is to re-align international law with a universally recognised moral code of respect, peace and a duty of care for all life. We all know in our hearts that serious harm to our Earth is wrong - it is already a matter of conscience. Now it is time to make it a matter of law.
2. WHY SHOULD I BECOME AN EARTH PROTECTOR IN LAW?
Because this is a legacy mission like no other. Because without a law of ecocide in place to curb the state-sanctioned immunity enjoyed by the major industrial polluters, thousands of wonderful initiatives to protect our Earth will only have limited impact. Ecocide law disrupts this industrial immunity at the highest level, unlocking justice for all those individuals and organisations already working to protect our beautiful planet. For this reason we believe that accepting the Mission and signing up as a legal Earth Protector is probably the single most impactful thing an individual can do right now to protect the Earth.
Signing the Trust Fund document and becoming an Earth Protector in law (Trustee of the Earth) is safe, easy and completely free of ongoing obligations or liabilities, yet very powerful. By signing up you will:
- Fund a law establishing ECOCIDE as an international crime - putting an end to state-sanctioned industrial immunity and safeguarding our Earth for future generations
- Empower small, climate-vulnerable States who have the incentive - and the ability - to amend international law in this way (but not the funds)
- If you are an activist, gain an additional legal defence in a court of law as a conscientious protector.
3. DO I HAVE OBLIGATIONS AS A LEGAL EARTH PROTECTOR?
There are no ongoing obligations or liabilities (whether financial, administrative or otherwise)
There is a legal duty, which is simple and heartfelt:
“Becoming a Trustee of the Earth is to become a protector of a law which is in alignment with a universally recognised moral code of respect, peace and a duty of care for all life. It is a direct expression of intent to create peace between all beings”. [Article 4 of the Earth Protectors Trust Fund document]
This duty can be fulfilled in whatever way feels right -
it can simply be signing up as an Earth Protector trustee, to swell the numbers and raise funds - a crucial part of the mission
it could be actively spreading the word about Mission LifeForce
for some it will mean putting themselves physically in the way of impending ecocide to defend their communities (these activists benefit from the added legal defence that trusteeship provides).
Whichever of these feels right to you, you are acting from your conscience, and your right to do this is already enshrined in law. Please see CONSCIENTIOUS PROTECTORS for more information.
3a. GIFTING EARTH PROTECTOR STATUS TO OTHERS
This also means that you can feel confident about creating gift sign-ups for friends and family - you will not be obliging them to do anything but will simply be gifting them participation in this exciting and pivotal mission to protect our Earth. NB a unique email address is required for each sign-up.
4. DO I HAVE TO BE OVER 18 TO SIGN?
No - you can sign at any age. This is a open trust document that anyone can sign, so your children can sign up too!
5. I'M HAVING TROUBLE SIGNING UP - WHY?
The system may be busy if lots of people are trying to sign. However it could be that:
- You haven’t filled in the Place of Residence (City, Country) field correctly. Start typing the nearest town or city that applies to you and select from the dropdown list which appears (e.g. Stroud, United Kingdom or Rennes-le-Chateau, France). The greyed-out fields below (marked City and Country) MUST be auto-filled by your choice. If this doesn't happen you may have tried to put too much information in, so refresh the page and try choosing again. We do not need your street address or region. Most towns work, even small ones, but if not, try going for your next nearest town or major city.
- You haven’t scrolled right through the Trust document. Because it is a legal document you must do this to activate the “I Agree” button. Wait a few moments after clicking "I Agree" for the payment/acknowledgment info to appear.
- The page won't load. Please do allow a few seconds at each stage before despairing and refresh if necessary.
If the above do not solve the issue, please contact us.
6. CAN I USE A DEBIT CARD or PAYPAL?
For debit cards - click where it says cards: it will accept both credit and debit cards. Paypal is not currently accepted by the Trust Fund in the Earth Protector signup process - but you can use it to support the Mission LifeForce team if you wish (the team are not supported by the Trust Fund which has a very specific purpose - see 12 below).
7. I HAVE SIGNED UP - WHERE IS MY EMAIL CONFIRMATION?
You should receive 3 emails (the first two very quickly, the third within a day or so):
1. from Mission LifeForce - subject line: Trustee Confirmation (it says thank you and whilst you are waiting you can do a few things.)
2. from Heroes & Friends - subject line: Thanks for your Support to Mission Lifeforce
3. from Mission LifeForce - subject line: Trustee Document & Blockchain Certificate. You will have two documents attached to this email - your EPTF document and your blockchain certificate.
Please check your junk mail and spam box incase they have been sent there by mistake and please keep for your records.
8. WHERE IS MY TRUSTEE DOCUMENT?
It can take a little time after signing up (several hours if really busy) for the documents to be generated and emailed to you. If you have checked your spam and junk boxes and they are not there within 24 hours, please contact us.
9. WHY EUROS?
Because Triodos Foundation is in the Netherlands and our crowdfunding platform (Heroes and Friends) is also Dutch, you are asked for Euros. Your bank will automatically show the equivalent in your local currency on your bank statement.
10. WHO OVERSEES THE EPTF FUNDS?
Under Article 10, the EPTF is administered by Ecological Defence Integrity Ltd in the UK - that’s our not-for-profit organisation. We are the "team behind the scenes" of Mission LifeForce. And so does Triodos Foundation. Triodos Foundation is a Dutch Stichting (a Dutch charity) and so they must be satisfied that the funds that are raised under their name are used for the purpose set out in our EPTF, so that our use of funds complies with their Dutch Charitable duties. In the Netherlands a charity can support changes in legislation (this is not possible in the UK).
11. WHAT BANK HOLDS THE EARTH PROTECTORS TRUST FUND?
We’d like to say a very big thank you to Triodos Foundation in the Netherlands who opened a special bank account dedicated to our work. Triodos has offered completely free banking to the Earth Protectors Trust Fund. This is deeply appreciated - thank you Triodos!
12. HOW ARE EPTF FUNDS TO BE USED?
Under Article 3 EPTF funds shall include:
i) funding Small Island Developing States and/or other climate vulnerable States who are resolved to activate the International Criminal Court’s jurisdiction over the crime of ecocide as early as possible, by covering their costs, including: hotel expenses, top representation at the International Criminal Court and their flights; and/or
ii) funding the subscription fees of such States to the International Criminal Court (plus joining fees for those who have yet to become members); and/or
iii) funding any other lawful activity enabling the Trust Purpose.
NB Funds are ring-fenced for the above and do not cover core costs of Ecological Defence Integrity Ltd which co-ordinates Mission LifeForce (see Q15 below).
13. WHAT KIND OF TRUST IS THE EPTF?
• The EPTF is a non-trading trust fund: It does not invest or trade the money received; it uses it solely for the purposes set out in the Trust Fund under Article 3.
• The EPTF is a open trust fund: under Article 12 the Trust Fund shall remain open for the accrual of Named Trustees until such time as the Trust Purpose has been discharged. We make that visible to you by listing every name online.
• The EPTF is restricted in time: under Article 6 the Trust Fund is required to distribute all of its net funds in benefit of the Beneficiaries during the tax year in which the funds are received.
14. CAN I GIFT DIRECTLY WITHOUT SIGNING UP?
Yes you can. You can put gifts directly into the EPTF pot without signing up to be a Trustee. You can gift by debit or credit card by clicking on the piggybank icon on the community page.
Or you can transfer funds directly to here:
STF Earth Protectors TF
NL56 TRIO 2025 0522 19
BIC / Swift TRIONL2U
15. CAN I CREATE A RECURRING GIFT?
Yes you can, and the best way you can do that is by gifting to our non-profit Ecological Defence Integrity Ltd - you can choose a one-off or a recurring gift via Paypal on the Team page. This funds our work with conscientious protectors as well as the core costs and administration of Mission LifeForce (premises, overheads, tech support etc) which are absolutely essential as we do not receive funds from the EPTF pot. Our funding is separate, and without us, the Mission cannot go ahead. If you feel inspired to support our “back office” please gift here.
16. ARE THERE TRANSACTION CHARGES?
At our end - our bank (Triodos) does not charge us at all. Our card processor (Stripe) takes a small transaction fee which averages at around 2.15%. Paypal charges us reduced transaction rates of 1.4% on donations to the team.
At your end - your bank will have its own policy on card payments depending on the type of account you have - if your own bank account is not in Euros it may charge a small percentage fee (usually under 3%) and/or a small flat fee (debit cards). Paypal does not charge you any transaction fees.
17. I AM DUTCH - CAN I CLAIM DUTCH GIFT AID?
Yes, you can do this. If you are Dutch, your gift to the EPTF comes under the umbrella of Triodos Foundation Stichting; donating to us is deductible from the Dutch tax office. The required RSIN number for this is 005855913.
18. WHAT TAX YEAR APPLIES TO THE EPTF?
Under Article 6, you will see that the Trust Fund is required to distribute all of its net funds in benefit of the Beneficiaries during the tax year in which the funds are received. The tax year that we apply is the Dutch Tax year, which ends on December 31st each year. We shall be sharing with you the full accounts and reports of each year so that you can see where and all the funds were dispersed. Each tax year, as per Article 3, we will disperse the funds until such time as the Trust Purpose has been discharged, which shall be upon the implementation and enforcement of Ecocide law as an international criminal law.
19. DO YOU PROTECT MY DETAILS?
Yes we do. We will map where the EPTF Trustees are in the world by your city and country only. We do not publish, sell or rent your details to anyone else
20. I WANT TO BRING/AM INVOLVED IN A CLIMATE OR OTHER ECOCIDE-RELATED LITIGATION CASE. CAN YOU HELP ME?
The focus of Mission LifeForce is not on existing regulation, and it is not on civil law (suing), so we are not best placed to help you here. Our focus is on the creation of new criminal law (prosecuting). Where we can help is if you are facing legal action in a criminal court for standing up to protect your community or the Earth from ecocide. Please see our page Your Frontline for more detail and advice.
21. HOW CAN I FOLLOW THE MISSION AND HELP?
We’d love it if you can help! You can follow us on twitter, Facebook and by our e-letter (you are automatically sent this now that you are a trustee); please also check out our Community page, for suggestions and ideas of how you can help take this forward and to sign up as a Facebook Ambassador (click on "Be Ambassador" button)
22. WHO CAN BE PROSECUTED UNDER ECOCIDE LAW?
Ecocide law is intended for the prosecution of persons of superior responsibility - those who are the directing minds in a given situation where the crime of ecocide has been committed or has failed to be prevented. These persons may be ministers of state or CEOs/senior officers of corporations or other bodies responsible for ecocide.
23. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ECOCIDE LAW?
The official information portal for all information about ecocide law is our sister site Eradicating Ecocide - there’s a lot of information there. Please check it first before sending us further questions!
share the legacy